If you want to become a surrogate mother, Oregon is one of the best states to do it. The process isn’t legal everywhere, but Oregon law allows both traditional and gestational surrogacy.
Become a Surrogate Mother in Oregon
In addition to the physical process itself, surrogacy involves a lot of legal work – contracts that, in order to be worth anything, must be enforceable. They aren’t in every state, which means that even if the surrogacy procedure is legal, the whole process could be cancelled if one of the parties changed their mind or there was a disagreement.
However, in Oregon surrogate mothers – alongside the intended parents – are protected by the full force of the law; Oregon legislation supports these contracts, and the state’s courts have consistently upheld them.
Interested in becoming a surrogate mother in Oregon? You may qualify if:
– you are between the ages of 21 and 40
– you have had at least one easy pregnancy and delivery and currently parent the child
– you have had no more than 3 c-sections and 5 total deliveries
– you are physically healthy and height/weight appropriate per FDA guidelines (less than 35 BMI)
– you are a non-smoker, and do not abuse drugs or alcohol
– neither you not your spouse/partner have been convicted of a felony
– have reliable transportation and live in Oregon
– are a U.S. citizen or have a green card
– you are professional in conduct, manner and appearance
And last, but certainly not least, in order to be a successful surrogate mother, you must also:
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, then we’d love to hear from you! The next step on your journey to become a surrogate mother is to fill out our easy online application. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our friendly, knowledgeable caseworkers will be in touch to discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have, as well as tell you what the next steps in the journey will be.
To get more answers right away, please see our Surrogate Mothers FAQ. Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother with the Oregon Surrogate Agency!