Surrogate Mother Pay Today
There are a number of factors that impact surrogate mother pay in Portland, Oregon. Surrogate experience, insurance coverage, and if the surrogate agreement is private or via a surrogacy agency are just some of the variables that can affect surrogate mother pay.
Nowadays, surrogate mother pay ranges from $30,000 to $50,000. Allowances are also provided on top of the surrogate fee to cover expenses such as:
- maternity clothing
- monthly expenses
- embryo transfer (meant to include any lost wages, child care, and other charge lost because of bed rest after transfer)
- multiples (added benefit per additional baby)
- cesarean section (as highly recommended by attending physician)
- attendance at a once a month support group
- cancelled cycles
- health and medical insurance
- travel costs (for surrogate mothers who need to travel) which includes airfare for the surrogate and her traveling companion, hotel accommodation, and transportation costs can also be expected by the surrogate mother.
These ensure that the surrogate will have no unpaid expenses associated with her surrogacy. Whatever a surrogate mother pays for that is related to the surrogate’s pregnancy is reimbursed by the intended parents.
Surrogate mother pay provides financial security for a surrogate as she goes through this life changing experience. Apart from the financial gain, there are also other benefits to becoming a surrogate. Being a surrogate, gives a surrogate mother a sense of personal satisfaction by bestowing the gift of life to intended parents or family longing to have their genetically related baby. Being a surrogate can possibly also result to having a meaningful friendship with the intended parents.
Surrogate Mother Pay: In Conclusion
Overall, surrogate mother pay gives total financial support to surrogate mothers. This guarantees that complete compensation is provided to ensure that a surrogate mother does not have to worry about paying for costs that is related to her surrogacy.